Founded in 1974 in Monterey, California, CyberData Corporation is a leading OEM design and manufacturing firm with more than 40 years of experience. We specialize in IP Endpoints for the VoIP marketplace, VoIP and POS (Point-of-Sale) connectivity solutions, and POS protocol conversion technologies.
We develop and manufacture products that are known for quality, reliability, ease-of-use and durability. We have a full service prototype-to-production capability. Our reputation has earned us numerous OEM relationships with companies such as Epson, Dell, HP, Atlas IED, Additech, Fujitsu, NCR, Wincor-Nixdorf, and Bixolon.
Our experienced staff includes experts in electrical engineering, hardware design and embedded programming. Our team can provide creative and effective solutions to your product development and manufacturing requirements. Our team offers:
- Electrical Engineering–Specializing in VoIP and POS products
- Software Development–Specializing in embedded programming as well as Windows and Linux
- PCB Design–Single or multi-layer boards, analog or digital, power supplies, SMT or Thru-hole components
- Industrial Design–We use state-of-the-art design and solid modeling software to balance product packaging with reliability and ease of assembly.
- Mechanical Design–We provide in-house design of sheet metal, cable assemblies, wiring harnesses and mechanical systems.
- Documentation Support–We provide in-house engineering schematics, PCB artwork, Bills of Material (BOMs), functional product specifications, manuals, and all pertinent documentation. We make support files available through secure file sharing.
- Regulatory and Compliance Testing–We conform to your specific regulatory and compliance requirements. We perform preliminary emissions and ESD testing to ensure your requirements are being met. Our regulatory staff stays current with international compliance requirements.
Each product follows strict guidelines in compliance with standard design and manufacturing practices. Our plant accommodates a wide variety of manufacturing requirements – from production of printed circuit boards, subsystems and modules to the assembly of custom systems. Our production methods can be easily scaled from low volume prototypes to high volume off-shore production.
At CyberData, we design-in quality! We begin with a functional specification that includes quality criteria, then develop a customized Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing Plan for your product. Our QA procedures include vendor audits, incoming material inspections and internal manufacturing and assembly audits. Production tests are also performed during the assembly process, such as burn-in testing and complete functional verification. We also provide routine first-article, reliability and environmental testing as required.
CyberData Corporation is committed to achieving the highest possible product quality and customer satisfaction by meeting or exceeding the customer requirements. Through leading technology and systematic processes, CyberData’s employees are encouraged by management to participate in continuous improvement programs to meet or exceed our quality objectives.